Friday, February 14, 2014

The journal

My secret that I must share with every stranger but hide from my closest friends is this: I took a journal from Amadi. I cannot justify this. It was as I saw his body for myself. His journal lay on the drawer next to where he hung.

I wanted to pretend, whatever was written inside, was being written from the afterlife, that he had left a journal of his experiences... but somehow they were here next to his...

I can't write when I cry.

I wish to immortalize you, Amadi, so I post your journals.








Now that I have written down my crime, I can... I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Some amateur cryptologists have broken the code he used here. He wrote the sentences backwards and then used a substitution cipher of the alphabet backwards. It says:

    "I WILL TRY TOMEET ER AGAIN AND TELL HER ML HERE SHE MAY REST I WANTED TO TELL HER ABOUT THE HOUSE BUT I KNEW I AOULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT ALSO TIPPING OFF ARONI THE WOMAN WHO ALS BEING FOLLOWING DID NOT TURN AROUND AND LOOK BACK I BELIFVE IT WAS ARONI WHO DEVOURS THOSE LHO RUN AWAY FROM HIM THIS TIME THE ORISA LOOKED LIKE A DOG HVGE AND BLACK ANFTHER SIGHTING"

    There are some transcription errors probably due to your friend having encoded this by hand and English not being his first language.

    ReplyDelete